In this section you will find some information about travelling to and from an Etherton Education course. This includes information about when to arrive and depart, our complimentary transfer service and students booked as unaccompanied minors.
Arrival and Departure
Our first published arrival day every summer is a Monday. After that, our arrival and departure days are on Sundays for the rest of the summer. Students should arrive and depart on the date specified on the application form, course acceptance letter and invoice / receipt. Please check the start and end dates of your course very carefully. On the last published day of our courses, all students must have left the school by 11.00am (UK time) as we have to vacate the schools ourselves.
Our Complimentary Transfer Service
We provide a complimentary transfer service on each published arrival and departure day. This is subject to specific criteria:
- Airports: London Heathrow and London Gatwick for ALL courses, Bristol Airport for Badminton course students ONLY.
- Arrival Times: Arrival into all airports specified BETWEEN 06:00 and 17:00 ONLY. Students will be met by our staff (wearing Etherton Education blue shirts and carrying an Etherton Education sign) within the terminal buildings and escorted to our transport. Coaches leave the airports at intervals throughout the day, so there may be waiting time at the airport until the next available transport departs.
- Departure Times: London Heathrow AFTER 13:30 and BEFORE 18:30, London Gatwick AFTER 14:30 and BEFORE 18:30 and Bristol Airport AFTER 09:00 and BEFORE 18:30. Our staff will accompany students to the airport and guide them to their check-in desks.
For students travelling outside of the published dates, times, and airports above, the cost and responsibility for the transfers from / to our schools lies with the student / parents / guardian / agent. The Travel Co-ordinator can give advice about travel from / to our schools and, if requested at least 7 days in advance, pre-book a private transfer. Etherton Education will only confirm a private transfer booking once the cost has been paid in advance. Please note that Etherton Education will charge a 100% cancellation fee if a pre-arranged private transfer is cancelled within 24 hours of the scheduled arrival or departure.
Direct Arrival and Departure from our Courses
Students can travel directly to our courses as well. If you are travelling directly, please make sure that you go to the correct location – some schools in the UK have the same name or a very similar name! Please note, do not use the Head Office address at Marlands – this is not a course centre.
Wellington School is located in Somerset and the post code for SatNav use is TA21 8NT.
- Wellington School, South Street, Wellington, Somerset TA21 8NT
Lord Wandsworth College is located in Hampshire and the post code for SatNav use is RG29 1TB.
- Lord Wandsworth College, Long Sutton, Hook, Hampshire, RG29 1TB
Badminton School is located in Bristol and the post code for SatNav use is BS9 3BA.
- Badminton School, Westbury Road, Bristol, BS9 3BA
Dean Close School is located in Cheltenham and the post code for SatNav is GL51 6QS.
- Dean Close Prep School, Lansdown Road, Cheltenham, GL51 6QS
A Travel Arrangements Form must be completed in full and returned to Etherton Education by 01 June to allow us to plan transfers to and from our schools. Details of the travel arrangements will then be confirmed nearer to the date of travel by our Travel Co-ordinator. If we do not receive the travel arrangements form by 01 June, we are unable to guarantee a place for eligible students on our free transfer service. Therefore, the transfer will become the responsibility of the student/parents/guardian/agent.
Unaccompanied Minor Travel
We must be informed if a student is booked (paid for service) with an airline as an UNACCOMPANIED MINOR to ensure that our airport staff can follow the airline’s requirements for an authorised hand-over of the student. For departures, any student using our complimentary transfer service and booked with an airline as an unaccompanied minor must have a flight departure no later than 18:30. Etherton Education reserves the right to charge additional costs if not notified of a student’s unaccompanied minor status in advance.