THE FAMILY SUMMER
An English language course for children (ages 7 to 10 years) and parents based at Dean Close School in Cheltenham.
This two-week course is a great introduction to British Boarding Schools and will include visits to three excellent schools.
Children live in a boarding house at Dean Close School. Parents stay in nearby hotels and visit their children regularly and share many activities together, and also have some free time for shopping and tourism. The minimum language level for this course is CEFR Level A1 (low intermediate).
If you are thinking of sending your child to the UK, this course must be part of your essential preparation.
Course dates & prices
|2 weeks||21/07/2019 - 04/08/2019||£3,750.00|
We aim to give international students a real taste of living in a British Boarding School. They will improve their English, study other subjects, enjoy interesting trips, play sport, perform in a show, meet British children, and have lots of fun. They will grow in confidence and knowledge of the world.
We aim to help you understand British Boarding Schools so you can make decisions about your child’s future education. You will see your child’s school and have visits to other schools and meet their staff. You will have a talk about British education. You will also have English lessons to help you during your stay.
The Price Includes:
The price of £3,750.00 is for one child and one adult. This includes transfers from and to Heathrow and Gatwick airports on the first and last days of the course (subject to time restrictions). For children, all accommodation, meals, teaching, activities, and entrance fees. For parents, airport transfers and all teaching and activities as described opposite. Please note the price does NOT cover the parent’s hotel accommodation or most meals. (We will give you details of hotels in Cheltenham which are near Dean Close School).
Included for Children:
– 15 hours of English per week.
– 6 hours of other subjects a week, including Maths, Science, Geography, Drama and Art.
– Sports programme.
– Evening social activities with British Student Hosts.
– Each week, one half-day activity such as climbing or hiking.
Included for Children and Parents Together:
– Each week, one full-day trip to Bath.
– Each week, one half-day activity such as painting pottery, or countryside nature walk.
– Each week, one half-day visit to a different Boarding School.
– Parents will join students twice a week for lunch at Dean Close School.
– Social evening meeting British families and children.
Included Just for Parents;
– 6 hours a week of English lessons.
– Talk on British education system.
– Visit to a discount shopping park selling designer goods.
– Advice on travel in the UK.
– Free days to arrange your own activities.
Thank you for these kind words
“Etherton Education did wonders to all my students. They attended the summer programme in preparation for their boarding school. To begin with they were nervous and shy, after 8 weeks’ intensive studying, they became confident and fit in really well in their new school. The friendship they made at Etherton last for a long time. I witness their growth both in academic and personal sense. It is for this reason, Etherton will always remain on my top priority list".