FAST TRACK PRE-GCSE
Our Fast Track Pre-GCSE course is based at the beautiful campus of Lord Wandsworth College in Hampshire. Many UK Schools are now offering a One-Year GCSE Course. It is popular with international students. However, please remember that British students normally take TWO years to complete their GCSEs. So it is not easy for international students to complete some GCSEs in just one year. This Fast Track Pre-GCSE summer course will give you a great start if you are beginning a One-Year GCSE programme this September.
This is an intensive six-week academic summer course for students aged 15 to 17 held at Lord Wandsworth College. It is suitable for students who have a good level of English and a strong academic record who will come to the UK to Study a One-Year GCSE course in September.
Course dates & prices
|6 weeks||21/07/2019 - 01/09/2019||£7,680.00|
– All students will attend for six weeks. (Students who wish to enrol for other periods should choose one of our other Pre-GCSE courses)
– You must have a level of IELTS 4.5 or higher
– You must have a good academic record
– This course focuses on preparing for exams
– This course is suitable for students who want to study science subjects
ENGLISH LANGUAGE CLASSES
The English lessons will focus on the IELTS exam format. There will be at least 10.5 hours of English. You will also focus on English language in all of your main subjects. You will practise:
– Academic listening skills
– Speaking and presentation skills
– Writing about charts and data, and argumentative topics
– Reading academic texts and media passages
– Researching information about your weekly trips
– Extensive Reading
YOUR MAIN SUBJECTS
The other subjects will focus on preparation for GCSE exams, and they are taught by specialist subject teachers. There will be regular exam practice and learning of technical vocabulary in English. The other subjects available in the Fast Track Pre-GCSE course are:
– Business Studies / Economics (taught together)
You CAN take all five subjects if you wish. You can drop one subject, but you must take at least FOUR subjects. You will study each main subject for three hours a week. You will also be supported during your homework sessions by subject-specialist Student Hosts.
(If you wish to study other subjects such as History, Geography, Drama, Art and ICT, you should enrol in one of our other Pre-GCSE courses. The Fast Track Pre-GCSE course is intended for students who wish to study a science curriculum).
Thank you for these kind words
“During my summer here, things happened that would never normally happen in my summer. The reason for this is that the teachers and staff interact with the students a lot. The student hosts helped me with my homework and were one of the first when playing sport with the students. They kept every student in good spirits.”